Today I am a little bummed.
I talked to Angel Girl last night and she was working on a couple school projects and studying for three tests that she will have today. I am very proud of her and how smart she is. Education is very, very important to me. Luckily, it is for her as well. She loves school. She gets mostly A's and some B's on her report card. She really is a hard worker and she has a passion to know about things in the world. She gets this from her mother.
I am a teacher at heart. Most mothers are.
Due to my love of school and teaching, I feel a great loss in missing out on all of these very important moments in my daughters life.
I will not be there to help her with her homework, I will not be there for her plays, I will not be there when she comes running through the door after school, I will not be there. I am here in France and even if I call her every single day, I am not there.
I know why I moved to France. I know in the long run it is better. I know in my mind.
But, my heart hates me.
